This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6355 / 52°38'7"N
Longitude: -1.6961 / 1°41'45"W
OS Eastings: 420663
OS Northings: 304241
OS Grid: SK206042
Mapcode National: GBR 4FD.Q0Z
Mapcode Global: WHCH3.X0HV
Entry Name: Number 14 and Attached Outbuilding
Listing Date: 11 May 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197073
English Heritage Legacy ID: 386431
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Tamworth
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Tamworth St Editha
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
670-1/7/41 (North side)
and attached outbuilding
House, now shop and offices. c1800 with some C20 alteration.
Brick; slate roof with brick end stacks. Double-depth plan. 3
storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Top modillioned brick
cornice. Ground floor has C20 projecting shop front extending
entire width of building. Windows have sills, and rubbed brick
flat arches over 16-pane sashes, some glazing bars missing,
but 2nd floor has 8-pane sashes. Rear has 2 gabled wings,
including mid C19 workshop, L-plan with segmental arches over
small-paned iron casements which extends to rear of grounds to
No 15 (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SK2066304241
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings