This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.7911 / 50°47'27"N
Longitude: -3.6651 / 3°39'54"W
OS Eastings: 282733
OS Northings: 100376
OS Grid: SS827003
Mapcode National: GBR L8.ZHBF
Mapcode Global: FRA 3760.3Z6
Entry Name: 4, St Lawrence Green
Listing Date: 11 October 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197089
English Heritage Legacy ID: 387093
Location: Crediton, Mid Devon, Devon, EX17
District: Mid Devon
Civil Parish: Crediton
Built-Up Area: Crediton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Crediton
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS826000 ST LAWRENCE GREEN
672-1/5/143 (South side)
House. Circa 1730. Cob, cement-rendered and blocked out;
steeply-pitched Delabole slate roof; end stacks to main block
and wing with rendered brick shafts and bands.
Plan: L-plan. Main block 2 rooms wide with a central entrance
into a passage.Rear left kitchen wing.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Approximately symmetrical 3-bay front
with an approximately central entrance with a recessed oak
panelled circa 1920s front door by Dart and Francis of
Crediton (information from the owner). The outer bays have
ground and first floor tripartite sashes: 12-pane in the
centre, 4-pane in the outer lights; 12-pane sash to first
Interior: Joinery includes doors with 4 fielded panels to the
first floor and an early C18 2-panel door to the attic storey.
Chimney-pieces mostly 1920s/30s. Late C19 encaustic tiling to
passage. Balustrade to C18 stair altered but preserves a flat
moulded handrail. Attic rooms have doors with probably late
C19 oak graining. Georgian style cupboards introduced by
present owner. Ground floor front left room and rear service
room have exposed cross beams. Roof: A-frame trusses with
pegged lapped collars.
An interesting early C18 house in a town largely rebuilt after
mid and late C18 fires.
Listing NGR: SS8273300376
Other nearby listed buildings