This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6837 / 51°41'1"N
Longitude: 0.3263 / 0°19'34"E
OS Eastings: 560914
OS Northings: 200890
OS Grid: TL609008
Mapcode National: GBR YC.GYB
Mapcode Global: VHHMQ.LYV4
Entry Name: 1 and 2 Little Jessops
Listing Date: 20 February 1976
Last Amended: 9 December 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197157
English Heritage Legacy ID: 373304
Location: Blackmore, Hook End and Wyatts Green, Brentwood, Essex, CM4
Civil Parish: Blackmore, Hook End and Wyatts Green
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Blackmore St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/11/2012
Nos.1 AND 2
(Formerly Listed as BRENTWOOD, BLACKMORE ROAD, Blackmore
Pair of attached cottages. Early C19, extended in late C19.
Timber-framed, weatherboarded and plastered, roofed with
handmade red clay tiles. Rectangular plan facing approx N,
with central stack.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Full-length 2-storey lean-to extension to
rear, roofed with corrugated iron, and two C19 external stacks
to rear of it. Each cottage has a small C20 conservatory to
rear, between the stacks, different. No.1, on the left, has a
2-window range of original sashes of 6:6 lights, and an
original plain door with a narrow canopy on simple profiled
brackets. No.2, on the right, has 3 similar windows, but the
upper left sash has been replaced by a casement; C20
half-glazed door with similar canopy. Painted brick plinth
approx 0.7m high, all round. Side elevations plastered,
remainder weatherboarded. Roof hipped. No.1 has, in the left
elevation, on the ground floor, an original horizontal sash of
6:6 lights; the equivalent window in the right elevation of
No.2 appears to have been altered.
INTERIOR: No.2 has an introduced C17 moulded 3-plank ledged
oak door between 2 ground-floor rooms, probably present since
the rear extension was added. C20 grates. This building is
shown on the tithe map of 1846. Its character depends on the
simplicity of the original windows and door, and the
weatherboarded and tiled surfaces.
(Essex Record Office: Tithe map: 1846-: D/CT 37).
Listing NGR: TL6091400890
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings