History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Woodbines

A Grade II Listed Building in Blackmore, Hook End and Wyatts Green, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6947 / 51°41'40"N

Longitude: 0.3202 / 0°19'12"E

OS Eastings: 560454

OS Northings: 202098

OS Grid: TL604020

Mapcode National: GBR NJD.PRQ

Mapcode Global: VHHMQ.HNMP

Entry Name: The Woodbines

Listing Date: 20 February 1976

Last Amended: 9 December 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1197168

English Heritage Legacy ID: 373326

Location: Blackmore, Hook End and Wyatts Green, Brentwood, Essex, CM4

County: Essex

District: Brentwood

Civil Parish: Blackmore, Hook End and Wyatts

Built-Up Area: Blackmore

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Blackmore St Laurence

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Mountnessing

Listing Text


BLACKMORE

TL60SW FINGRITH HALL LANE
723-1/2/22 (East side)
20/02/76 The Woodbines
(Formerly Listed as:
BRENTWOOD
FINGRITH HALL LANE, Blackmore
The Woodbines)

II

House. Early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with
handmade red clay tiles. 2 parallel ranges, forming an almost
square plan facing W, with a stack in each gable of each
range.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Single storey lean-to to rear right.
Ground floor, 2 mid-C19 sashes of 3+3 vertical lights, without
horns, with flat arches of gauged brick. First floor, 3
similar sashes. Central 6-panel door, the top panels glazed,
with marginal lights, other panels flush; flat canopy on
profiled brackets; stone step flush with ground, with 2
cast-iron bootscrapers set in it. Band of rubbed bricks at
base of parapet. The left elevation has on the ground floor a
C20 bow, and on the first floor 2 sashes of 6+6 lights (one
with horns) with similar arches; the rear window is
substantially lower than the front window. Parapet gables. The
right elevation has on the ground floor one similar sash (with
horns), the other altered to a C20 French window, retaining
the original brick arch and jambs; and on the first floor 2
similar sashes (with horns). The date 1816 is inscribed in a
brick, about 3m above ground level. The rear elevation has on
the first floor 3 sashes of 6+6 lights with segmental brick
arches. Date 1841 is reported to be inscribed in this wall.


Listing NGR: TL6045402098

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.