This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5927 / 51°35'33"N
Longitude: 0.284 / 0°17'2"E
OS Eastings: 558307
OS Northings: 190680
OS Grid: TQ583906
Mapcode National: GBR WW.B8C
Mapcode Global: VHHN8.W70B
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 21 October 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 373577
Location: Brentwood, Essex, CM13
Electoral Ward/Division: Warley
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Great Warley St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ5890 WARLEY ROAD, Great Warley
723-1/17/159 (North side)
21/10/58 The Red House
Formerly known as: The Red House GREAT WARLEY STREET.
House. Early C19. Red brick, shallow pitch slate hipped roof
with deep eaves, flanking stacks. Rectangular plan. 2 storeys.
3 window range, all windows sashes with glazing bars, with
rubbed brick voussoirs and stuccoed sills. Ground floor has
central front door, round headed fanlight with ornamental
glazing, reeded, stuccoed jambs, door recessed, doorway
reveals with sunk panels. Door, 2 glazed upper panels, 4
recessed lower panels, single window, 4x4 panes each side.
First floor, central window, 3x4 panes, each side, window of
4x4 panes. Rear, N elevation, 3 window range, segment headed
sashes with glazing bars. Ground floor, W to E, window, 4x4
panes, C20 lean-to addition, red brick, synthetic slate roof
with two C20 windows with glazing bars, 3x3 panes. W face has
glazed window with central French window, all with glazing
bars, 8x5 panes overall. First floor, W to E, one window, 4x4
panes, 2 windows 3x4 panes. W end 2 identical protruding
stacks serving front and rear rooms.
INTERIOR: plain slender stair balusters may be original. The
Red House forms a group with other buildings around the green.
Listing NGR: TQ5830790680
Other nearby listed buildings