This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1846 / 54°11'4"N
Longitude: -3.1656 / 3°9'56"W
OS Eastings: 324032
OS Northings: 477164
OS Grid: SD240771
Mapcode National: GBR 6NB1.GP
Mapcode Global: WH72B.B2TV
Entry Name: Marton Hall and Attached Farm Buildings
Listing Date: 6 May 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197846
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388539
Location: Lindal and Marton, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA12
Civil Parish: Lindal and Marton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Lindal and Marton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
BARROW IN FURNESS
SD27NW MOOR ROAD, Marton
708-1/1/236 (West side)
06/05/76 Marton Hall and attached farm
Farmhouse and attached farm buildings. Mid C18 altered.
Roughcast stone, graduated green slate roofs. House of 2
storeys and attic and 3 bays forms 1 limb of the U-shaped
range. House: 2 steps to uPVC door under slate canopy;
flanking windows have uPVC casement, in raised surrounds under
cambered heads. Similar glazing to 3 square-headed 1st-floor
windows. Stepped end stacks. Blind wall to west of house forms
end of barn. To rear of house (within open courtyard) the barn
has 2 doors and large double door. Return limb of farm
buildings had doorway to each floor. INTERIOR: stair has oak
newel posts and moulded handrail; four 2-panel doors with
original latches and strap hinges (1st floor).
Principal-rafter trusses with high collars. Farm buildings
re-roofed with pattern-book king-post trusses. Farm buildings
only included in item for their group value.
Listing NGR: SD2403277164
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings