This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0864 / 54°5'11"N
Longitude: -3.1612 / 3°9'40"W
OS Eastings: 324139
OS Northings: 466237
OS Grid: SD241662
Mapcode National: GBR 6PC5.DW
Mapcode Global: WH72Q.DKX3
Entry Name: Number 4 Leading Light on Foreshore Near Rampside Hall
Listing Date: 21 August 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197853
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388563
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13
Electoral Ward/Division: Roosecote
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Rampside St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
BARROW IN FURNESS
708-1/6/110 (South side (off))
21/08/91 No.4 Leading Light on foreshore near
Navigation beacon. c1875. Red and yellow brick. Slender,
square tower approx 20m in height. Clasping, red brick
pilaster strips and yellow brick side panels with iron straps
that project up from concrete foundation; iron access door and
small slit windows. Corbelled brickwork beneath yellow brick
lantern housing with iron strapping and rectangular panels on
each side. More corbelling beneath brick, pyramidal roof.
Similar leading lights were built on Foulney Island and off
Carr Lane, Walney Island (both now demolished). The alignment
of the lights assisted the approach to Barrow-in-Furness.
Listing NGR: SD2413966237
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings