This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1267 / 54°7'36"N
Longitude: -3.1764 / 3°10'35"W
OS Eastings: 323215
OS Northings: 470735
OS Grid: SD232707
Mapcode National: GBR 6N8Q.3F
Mapcode Global: WH72J.5JNR
Entry Name: Former Mine Building Immediately to North of Glenfield House
Listing Date: 6 May 1976
Last Amended: 20 December 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197902
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388360
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13
Electoral Ward/Division: Roosecote
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
BARROW IN FURNESS
708-1/4/246 (East side)
06/05/76 Former mine building immediately to
north of Glenfield House
(Formerly Listed as:
Former mine building now barn to E
of Rose Cottage)
Mine ancillary block now farm outbuilding. c1875. Snecked red
sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings; slate and corrugated
iron roofs. 2-storey T-shaped range of 1:3 bays; 1-storey wing
against south-west side. South-east elevation: quoins.
Crosswing on left has quoined hayloft door with 3-pane
overlight beneath pointed arch. Main range to right: double
door with 4-pane overlight flanked by casements; the openings
quoined and with plain lintels. 1st floor sill band to central
double door under gabled dormer with oversailing verge; slit
vent on left, 6-pane sash to right; stack to right end.
1-storey side wing has rounded corners and entrance in end
gable; its roof abuts the crosswing beneath a small gable with
oversailing verge. INTERIOR: crosswing ground floor has
chamfered doorway and relieving arch to stable with cast-iron
post and 2 wooden stalls; carriage house adjacent. Main range
probably used by workmen or as workshop. Part of iron-ore mine
group built to serve Stank No.2 pit.
Listing NGR: SD2321570735
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings