This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9432 / 50°56'35"N
Longitude: 0.3184 / 0°19'6"E
OS Eastings: 562971
OS Northings: 118529
OS Grid: TQ629185
Mapcode National: GBR NTH.WW5
Mapcode Global: FRA C6KM.1W8
Entry Name: The Stables to North East of Stone House
Listing Date: 30 August 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198064
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295636
Location: Warbleton, Wealden, East Sussex, TN21
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Warbleton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Warbleton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
WARBLETON RUSHLAKE GREEN VILLAGE
The Stables to north-east
of Stone House
TQ 6218 32/675A 30.8.66
Dated 1778 and built by H Harcourt. Faced with grey headers with red brick
window dressings and quoins. Wooden eaves cornice. Hipped tiled roof.
The centre portion projects with central doorway, a painted stringcourse,
2 lunette windows with painted keystones above, semi-circular recessed panel
between these and pediment over containing a round window in the tympanum.
The side portions have large elliptical headed arches with double carriage
doorways of imitation panels. On the south side is an extra portion with
pentice roof containing a doorway with segmental fanlight.
Listing NGR: TQ6297118529
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings