History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

A'becketts

A Grade II Listed Building in West Lavington, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2889 / 51°17'20"N

Longitude: -2.0047 / 2°0'16"W

OS Eastings: 399768

OS Northings: 154419

OS Grid: ST997544

Mapcode National: GBR 2VS.3ZB

Mapcode Global: VHB4N.6VKS

Entry Name: A'becketts

Listing Date: 25 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1198200

English Heritage Legacy ID: 312197

Location: West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: West Lavington

Built-Up Area: Littleton Panell

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Bishop's (West) Lavington All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Cheverell

Listing Text

WEST LAVINGTON HIGH STREET, Littleton Pannell
ST 95 SE
(east side)
5/296 a'Becketts
II
Large house. Late C17-early C18 and 1904 by E.P. Warren. Brick
in English bond, with flush stone quoins, on greensand sills.
Tiled roofs. Two storeys. Original structure now forms east
wing. Five bays, facing east. Central bolection moulded
doorcase and 2-panelled oak door. Mantled arms on bracket over.
Reserve chamfered stone cross windows with leaded glazing.
Moulded string course. Central pedimented and bolection moulded
panel reading 'The Residence of the Ancient FAMILY OF A'BECKETT.
Restored and enlarged by H.T. Holloway Anno Do. 1904'. Brick
below inscribed T.A.R. 1767. Entrance has an iron lantern on
round bracket, and bell pull. Two hipped dormers. To rear, very
considerably enlarged 1904 with symmetrical elevation to south.
Two storey stone moulded and transomed canted bays on end wings,
with recessed central section having a triple stone arcade with
balustrade to balcony over. Shavian window at centre first floor.
Three dormer windows, that to centre with segmental pediment.
Flat roofed extension to left, also balustraded, with shavian
window and angled bay on its west side. Interior has tiled
fireplace to entrance hall on south side.


Listing NGR: ST9976854419

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.