This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8733 / 51°52'23"N
Longitude: -1.4829 / 1°28'58"W
OS Eastings: 435695
OS Northings: 219542
OS Grid: SP356195
Mapcode National: GBR 6TM.HX3
Mapcode Global: VHBZP.75WR
Entry Name: Oxford House
Listing Date: 9 October 1980
Last Amended: 18 May 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198276
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254203
Location: Charlbury, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Charlbury
Built-Up Area: Charlbury
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Charlbury with Shorthampton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5/61 (East side)
9/10/80 Oxford House (formerly
listed as Midland
House, formerly public house, latterly bank, now office. Circa 1830-1840.
Coursed squared rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, roof covering not
visible. 3 storeys; 3-window range, symmetrical. C20 6-panelled door has
overlight with radial glazing bars flanked by 16-pane sash windows. First
and second floor windows have sashes with glazing bars, all under lintel
string courses with keyblocks. Wooden blocks on first floor indicate
former inn sign of the Oxford House P.H. 2 gable-end chimneys, the left
left one finished in brick. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP3569419544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings