History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kilmington House

A Grade II Listed Building in Kilmington, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1296 / 51°7'46"N

Longitude: -2.3238 / 2°19'25"W

OS Eastings: 377435

OS Northings: 136751

OS Grid: ST774367

Mapcode National: GBR 0TN.19D

Mapcode Global: VH97S.NVVX

Entry Name: Kilmington House

Listing Date: 9 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1198305

English Heritage Legacy ID: 321178

Location: Kilmington, Wiltshire, BA12

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Kilmington

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Upper Stour

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Stourton

Listing Text

KILMINGTON BUTTS LANE
ST 73 NE
(east side)
3/72 Kilmington House
GV II
Rectory, now detached house Early Cl9, extended late C19.
Rendered brick and rubblestone, hipped Welsh slate roof. Two-
storey, 3-window. Six-panelled door central to left hand part,
with sidelights in chamfered surround, 12-pane tripartite sash to
right and 12-pane sash to left. First floor has two tripartite
sashes and one 12-pane sash. Right return, garden front, has five
12-pane sashes to ground floor, plat band and five 9-pane sashes to
first floor, two right hand bays are 1889 extension, datestone to
rear of addition with initials TS for Townsend Selwyn the rector.
Rear has pair of gabled wings with sashes. Left return has single-
storey attached outhouses around kitchen yard, 3-light casements
and fixed windows, planked doors.
Interior has good stair hall with open well stairs with stick
balusters and continuous wreathed handrail, elliptical archway
leads to passage. Drawing room with classical fireplace with
floral and egg and dart mouldings, doors with 6 fielded panels in
panelled reveals. Ceased to be the rectory in 1940s.


Listing NGR: ST7743536751

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.