This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1021 / 52°6'7"N
Longitude: 1.2865 / 1°17'11"E
OS Eastings: 625176
OS Northings: 249954
OS Grid: TM251499
Mapcode National: GBR VNT.236
Mapcode Global: VHLBP.7FYD
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 31 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198338
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285483
Location: Hasketon, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Hasketon
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Hasketon St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
HASKETON SHRUBBERY ROAD
TM 24 NE
The Old Rectory
House. Early and late C19. Brick, painted and rendered, with a slate
roof. Two storeys. Entrance front: a drawing of c.1860 shows the house to
have its present left hand projecting wing but with a lower axial range of
l 1/2 storeys at right of this which has now been rebuilt. The left hand
early C19 wing is rendered and has a canted bay window to the ground floor
with 3 ogee-headed lights at the front and ogee-headed lights to the angles
and concave lead hipped roof above. Oriel window to the first floor with a
concave underbelly and 3 similar ogee-headed lights at the front and 2 to
the angles with a concave roof. Moulded bargeboards above. To right of
this is the post-1860 wing which has 3 bays near-symmetrically disposed.
Central doorway with a double-chamfered arch enclosing a porch with a
glazed door behind set in a glazed screen. To either side of this at ground
floor level are 4-light casements which connect to the central doorway be a
continuous hood-mould. These have ovolo-moulded mullions and a chamfered
surround. To the first floor at right and left are oriel windows which
have a concave underbelly, 2-light windows and gables above. Between these
are 2 cambered-headed windows with a continuous sill divided from each
other by a king mullion, of 3 lights at left and 2 lights at right (the 2-
light right-hand window is a C20 insertion). Spur wall continues at right.
The ridge has a C19 stack at left supporting 4 faceted flues with moulded
bases and capitals which are joined. To the right and behind the ridge is
a massive chimney stack with 6 faceted flues with moulded base and cap.
The left side of the house has a projecting gabled wing at left which has a
canted bay window to the ground floor with a tripartite window arrangement
at centre of 3 x 4 panes with ogee heads to the lights at either side of
which are slender lights of 1 x 4 panes with a half-ogee head. To the
first floor above these is an oriel window with a concave underbody and a
concave lead roof and having 3 ogee-headed lights to the sides. To right
of this is the recessed portion which has at ground floor level a
projecting canted bay window with tripartite central window, similar to
that seen at the centre of the canted bay, at its left. To the first floor
is a 2-light casement with 4-centred heads to the lights. Right-hand side
of the house has a projecting wing at left with a lean-to to the far left
masking an earlier opening and a 1/2-glazed door at right with cambered head.
Random fenestration to the west of this face and to the rear.
Interior: staircase of 2 flights with moulded tread ends, shaped balusters
which are square with hollow-chamfered corners, and broach stops. Moulded,
ramped mahogony handrail.
Listing NGR: TM2517649954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings