This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7813 / 51°46'52"N
Longitude: -1.3749 / 1°22'29"W
OS Eastings: 443222
OS Northings: 209367
OS Grid: SP432093
Mapcode National: GBR 7X8.771
Mapcode Global: VHCXL.4H09
Entry Name: The Vicarage and Attached Outbuilding, Wall, Railings and Gateway
Listing Date: 22 January 1985
Last Amended: 17 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198467
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252225
Location: Eynsham, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Eynsham
Built-Up Area: Eynsham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Eynsham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
EYNSHAM MILL STREET
SP4309 (West side)
14/147 Nos.13 and 15 (The Vicarage)
22/01/85 and attached outbuilding,
wall, railings and gateway
(Formerly listed as The
Vicarage. c. 1704, enlarged to rear and remodelled c.1810. Squared and coursed
limestone; hipped stone slate roof, C20 tiles to rear range; brick rear lateral
and ridge stacks. Central-staircase plan enlarged to double-depth plan in early
C19. Two storeys and basement; 5-window range. 2:1:2 fenestration with
pedimented central porch breaking forward: early C19 stone steps with iron
balustrades leading to 6-panelled door with cast-iron brackets to flat hood.
Keyed flat stone arches over C18 two-light leaded basement windows, and early
C19 six-pane sashes; moulded wood cornice. Early C19 rear range has similar
arches over 6-pane sashes, and bracketed flat hood over basement door. Interior
not inspected but likely to be of interest; has early C18 staircase. Early C19
coach house and offices to right, altered for C20 garages. Early C19 screen to
left. with short wall, railings and reset early C16 ogee-headed doorway with the
arms of Abbot Miles Selby, Bishop of Llandaff, 1500-16.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.601; Bodleian Library, M.S. Top, Oxen,
Listing NGR: SP4322209367
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings