This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8315 / 51°49'53"N
Longitude: -1.3514 / 1°21'5"W
OS Eastings: 444791
OS Northings: 214962
OS Grid: SP447149
Mapcode National: GBR 7WQ.154
Mapcode Global: VHCXD.J7FB
Entry Name: The Old Malthouse
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198491
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252664
Location: Bladon, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Bladon
Built-Up Area: Bladon
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bladon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BLADON PARK LANE
SP4414 (West side)
20/11 The Old Malthouse
House. Mid/late C17; range to left remodelled 1920s. Coursed limestone rubble;
gabled stone slate roof; end stacks with round stone ashlar shafts. 2-unit plan,
extended in 1920s. 2 storeys; 2-window range extended in 1920s to 4-window
range. Early C16 arched hollow-chamfered doorway. Timber lintels over small
one-light window set in old frame and 2-light window with hollow-chamfered stone
jambs. On first floor, hood moulds over early C16 two-light round-headed and
hollow-chamfered windows. Similar one-light window set in gabled half dormer.
1920s two-window range to left has C20 door in gabled stone porch, canted bay
window and gabled half-dormer. Interior: C17 chamfered beams and 2-bay
butt-purlin roof; winder stairs adjoin remodelled open fireplace.
(National Monuments Record; Brodleian Library; M.S. Top. gen. a.ll for drawing
by R.C. Buckler, 1820)
Listing NGR: SP4479114962
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings