History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House Cottages

A Grade II Listed Building in Sutton, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0518 / 52°3'6"N

Longitude: 1.3681 / 1°22'5"E

OS Eastings: 631028

OS Northings: 244619

OS Grid: TM310446

Mapcode National: GBR WQT.BQQ

Mapcode Global: VHLBX.NPNH

Entry Name: Coach House Cottages

Listing Date: 31 August 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1198566

English Heritage Legacy ID: 285512

Location: Sutton, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP12

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal

Civil Parish: Sutton

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Sutton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Shottisham

Listing Text

SUTTON (off) WOOD HALL DRIVE
TM 34 SW
10/146 Coach House Cottages
Wood Hall
GV II
Former coach house, now two cottages. C18 or C19 or earlier, altered
c1903 and in the C20. Alterations of 1903 probably by W Kemp. Red Flemish
bond brick with plain tile roof. Single storey with attic. Garden front:
Central doorway with moulded 4-centred brick surround and hoodmould.
To either side of this are 2-light windows with ovolo-moulded brick
surrounds (as have all ground floor windows on this front) and to far
right and left are similar 4-light windows. To the attic floor are three
3-light hipped dormer windows. to either end and at right and left of
centre are ridge stacks of brick with moulded caps and vertical bands
to their sides. To the centre of the ridge is a bellcote with square
lower body sheathed in lead, timber arcade above this and a copper ogee
cap to the top, originally with a weathervane. At the right of this
front and slightly recessed is an early C20 single-storey addition of
two 4-light ovolo-moulded windows. The style of the alterations of 1903
is very similar to that at Wood Hall (qv 10/143).


Listing NGR: TM3102844619

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.