This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6632 / 51°39'47"N
Longitude: -1.3814 / 1°22'53"W
OS Eastings: 442879
OS Northings: 196222
OS Grid: SU428962
Mapcode National: GBR 7YL.RK0
Mapcode Global: VHCY5.0GJC
Entry Name: Walker Manor Farmhouse and Attached Walls
Listing Date: 6 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198735
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249584
Location: Garford, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX13
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Garford
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Marcham with Garford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
17/86 Walker Manor Farmhouse and
Farmhouse. c.1790 remodelling and extension of early C18 two-storey house.
Coursed limestone rubble with brick quoins and dressings; hipped C20 tile roof;
brick stacks and left lateral stack of stone finished in brick. Single- extended
to double-depth plan. 2- raised to 3-storeys; 4-window range. Central doorway of
c,1790 has carved brackets supporting flat hood, and plain pilasters framing
6-panelled door. Cambered gauged brick arches over 8-pane sashes and shorter
second-floor sashes: sash in partially blocked opening above similarly blocked
opening with C20 window to right of door. Rear: late C18 two-storey extension of
similar materials with sashes, and brackets supporting flat hood over door.
Interior: 6-panelled doors set in moulded architraves with panelled reveals.
Open-well staircase has moulded newels with stick balusters and fine ramped
handrail. Subsidiary features: one-storey brewhouse to left, of similar
materials, is attached to Flemish bond brick wall which meets limestone wall
along road: plain brick piers with plain stone storey band and cornice flank
double gates near front.
Listing NGR: SU4287996222
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings