This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5865 / 51°35'11"N
Longitude: -1.5765 / 1°34'35"W
OS Eastings: 429439
OS Northings: 187599
OS Grid: SU294875
Mapcode National: GBR 5WN.J86
Mapcode Global: VHC0Z.MDF4
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 21 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199074
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250812
Location: Woolstone, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Woolstone
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Woolstone
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5/177 Church of All Saints
Church. Circa 1200, early C13 chancel; late C13 south transept; vestry c.1974.
Built for St. Swithun's Priory in Winchester. Squared chalk brought to course
on sarsen base, limestone quoins and dressings; stone slate roof. Chancel,
south transept, nave, bellcote. Transitional and Decorated styles. 2-light east
window set in random bond brickwork of c.1760; two-window range to side walls
of early C14 two-light windows. Late C13 two-light window to south transept.
North wall of nave has early C14 two-light window, C13 lancet and central door
of c.1200 which has moulded round arch, carved capitals and imposts and engaged
columns to jambs with late C19 studded door; south wall of nave has C13 lancet
and 4-centered arch over blocked door. Gabled roofs. Stone bellcote of c.1663;
two-light west window also of c.1663 has cavetto moulded surrounds and label
mould. Interior: C13 piscina and sedilia, 3-bay canted and planked roof of
c.1870. Transitional arch with dentilled outer mouldings and carvings to label
stops depicting the Green Man. South transept has piscina on east wall. Nave
has wood pulpit and prayer desk of c.1867 and fine brass chandalier of c.1800;
lead font with C14 ogee motifs to pointed arches but said to be c.1200
(Pevsner); C15 four-bay crown post roof. (Buildings of England, Berkshire,
Listing NGR: SU2943987599
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings