History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Court Close and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Kingston Bagpuize with Southmoor, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6778 / 51°40'40"N

Longitude: -1.4211 / 1°25'15"W

OS Eastings: 440124

OS Northings: 197827

OS Grid: SU401978

Mapcode National: GBR 6X1.MKG

Mapcode Global: VHC0P.B324

Entry Name: Court Close and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 9 February 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1199145

English Heritage Legacy ID: 249614

Location: Kingston Bagpuize with Southmoor, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX13

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse

Civil Parish: Kingston Bagpuize with Southmo

Built-Up Area: Kingston Bagpuize

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Kingston Bagpuize with Southmoor

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Kingston Bagpuze

Listing Text

KINGSTON BAGPUIZE WITH SOUTHMOOR TOWN POND LANE
SU4097 (South side)
Southmoor
14/116 Court Close and attached wall
09/02/66

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Early C17: remodelled and extended to sides c.1810.
Uncoursed limestone rubble, coursed left bay extension; gabled and half-hipped
stone slate roof; brick ridge stack and right end stack. One- extended to 3-unit
plan. 2 storeys: 3-window range. Chamfered timber lintel over 5-panelled door
set in beaded architrave: C19 stone porch. Chamfered timber lintels over
tripartite sashes and first-floor 3-light leaded casements: left bay has timber
lintel over French windows, and 2-light casement in half dormer. C17 dairy to
rear, heightened in early C19, has 3-light oak diamond mullioned window with
leaded-lights. Interior: C17 quartered and chamfered cyma-stopped beams and
stop-chamfered joists in ground floor room, which also has inserted early C19
central partition, panelled doors and arched stone fireplace. Chamfered and
stopped first-floor beams. 2-bay attic has closed truss with butt purlins and
fine C17 plank door with iron fittings set in chamfered frame. Extension to
right of front dated 1810 on beam: of similar materials and of one storey and
attic. 2-window range: 2- and 3-light leaded casements, and bread oven
projection in right side wall. Subsidiary features: high wall to left, of
limestone rubble, is ramped down at front.


Listing NGR: SU4012497827

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.