This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4938 / 51°29'37"N
Longitude: -2.1384 / 2°8'18"W
OS Eastings: 390487
OS Northings: 177212
OS Grid: ST904772
Mapcode National: GBR 1QS.661
Mapcode Global: VH964.WQC7
Entry Name: 86-89
Listing Date: 29 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199225
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315949
Location: Kington St. Michael, Wiltshire, SN14
Civil Parish: Kington St. Michael
Built-Up Area: Kington St Michael
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Kington St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
KINGTON ST MICHAEL KINGTON ST MICHAEL
ST 9077 (west side)
13/136 Nos 86 to 89 (consec)
Row of four houses, originally two, dated 1751, built for D.
Yealfe, schoolmaster, extended each end in early C19. Rubble stone
original, squared rubble additions, stone slate roof with two ridge
stacks and south end stacks. Early C19 fenestration throughout of
flush ashlar surrounds to 16-pane sashes, of which originals
survive on No 89, replaced elsewhere by casements with top-lights.
Two storeys. Original range has window each side of 6-panel door
to No 88 in flush moulded surround with hood on brackets. Danl.
Yealfe 1751 inscribed over door. Above door hood projects a
moulded stone bracket or plinth. Ground floor right has door to
Nos 86 and 87. To right is C19 one-window addition with flush
quoins. At left end, No 89 is added, double fronted with 16-pane
sashes and 6-panel door in moulded flush surround with hood on
Listing NGR: ST9048777212
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings