This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.519 / 53°31'8"N
Longitude: -3.0163 / 3°0'58"W
OS Eastings: 332714
OS Northings: 402962
OS Grid: SD327029
Mapcode National: GBR 7WCR.S8
Mapcode Global: WH86M.MTW4
Entry Name: Ince Blundell Hall
Listing Date: 11 October 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199254
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216465
Location: Ince Blundell, Sefton, L38
Civil Parish: Ince Blundell
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Sefton St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
INCE BLUNDELL PARK WALL ROAD
SD 30 SW
6/67 Ince Blundell Hall
House, now convalescent home. 1720-50 with C19 additions.
Brick with stone dressings. L-plan, 3-storey, 9-bay main
range faces south east; 2-storey, 10-bay service wing to
rear, connected by one-storey block. Main range has 3-bay
centre breaking forward. Stone 1st floor sill band, and
entablature; top cornice and panelled parapet with
balustrade to centre; quoins. Paired giant Corinthian flat
pilasters flank centre; central bay flanked by Corinthian
columns; flat pilasters to ends. Windows have architraves
and C19 plate glass sashes. Ground floor windows have
friezes and consoled pediments; those to centre are
segmental-headed with large keys; central entrance similar,
with Blundell arms to key. 1st floor windows have panelled
aprons. Several tall stacks with C19 caps. 5-bay one-
storey mid C19 wing to right. 3-bay canted centre. Quoins
and panelled parapet. Windows as above. Rear altered mid
C19. Service wing south-west facade has 7 bays of 2
storeys, 3-bay centre breaks forward under pediment; 3
storey, 3-bay pavilion to right. Modillioned cornice.
Windows have wedge lintels and are sashed with glazing bars.
Entrance to centre has porch with Diocletian window over;
clock in gable and cupola on Tuscan columns over pediment.
Pavilion has central round-headed recess with tripartite and
Diocletian windows. Top Diocletian windows flanked by oculi.
Several tallstacks. Interior. Main range has rooms
decorated c.1840 s by Crace, painted arabesques. Drawing
room has mid C18 rococo plaster ceiling. Central room has
fielded panelling. Fireplaces removed. Dining room
decorated to display tapestries (removed). Oak bedroom has
panelling said to come from Old Hall (q.v.). Pantheon
(q.v.) adjoins to angle of building. Chapel (q.v.) adjoins
end of service wing.
Listing NGR: SD3271402962
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings