History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Woodlands

A Grade II Listed Building in Baildon, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8524 / 53°51'8"N

Longitude: -1.7527 / 1°45'9"W

OS Eastings: 416362

OS Northings: 439603

OS Grid: SE163396

Mapcode National: GBR JR6W.BR

Mapcode Global: WHC93.1FMJ

Entry Name: Woodlands

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1199322

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337887

Location: Baildon, Bradford, BD17

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Baildon

Built-Up Area: Baildon

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Baildon St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Shipley

Listing Text

SE13NE BAILDON ROUNDWOOD ROAD
SE163396 (north side, off)
7/34 Flats 1, 2, 3 and
4(Woodlands)

II

House, now subdivided into 4 flats. Dated on rainwater heads 1899.
Punch-dressed, snecked stone, ashlar dressings, stone slate roof.
2 storeys. Quoins. Hall-and-crosswings plan. Garden front: U-shaped
with projecting gabled wings. All are double-chamfered mullioned
windows, with transoms to ground floor. Wings have 2-storey canted
bay windows. Hall has large 7 x 7-light window with 5-light window
above under scalloped parapet. Coped gables with kneelers and finials.
Tall stack of 4 coupled diamond-set flues. Left-hand return wall has
tall external stack with deep offsets with coupled octagonal chimneys
to right of original entrance with semicircular-arched doorway with
richly moulded stop-chamfered surround. This is flanked by Ionic
pilasters the entablature with triangular pediment, the tympanum with
heraldic shield. (4light window above. Tall stack of 3 diamond-set
flues.

Interior: subdivision into flats has removed original stair though
oak pillars to head of stair survive and have high-quality carvings
of trees of differing designs. Nearby is Roundwood Grange (q.v.)
dated 1898 of a similar design. It is probable they were designed by
the same architect.


Listing NGR: SE1636239603

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.