This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1065 / 51°6'23"N
Longitude: -2.3185 / 2°19'6"W
OS Eastings: 377798
OS Northings: 134185
OS Grid: ST777341
Mapcode National: GBR 0TV.GNP
Mapcode Global: VH97Z.RGN2
Entry Name: South Range of Workshops on South Side of Stable Yard
Listing Date: 9 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199329
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321267
Location: Stourton with Gasper, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Stourton with Gasper
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Upper Stour
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
STOURTON WITH GASPER STOURHEAD PARK
ST 73 SE
6/161 South range of workshops on south
side of Stable Yard
Barn, stables and tackroom, now workshops and accommodation. Late
C18, remodelled early 1900s. Rubble stone and dressed limestone,
tiled roofs with bands of fishscale tiles. Former barn to west
end of range has double doors and lunette to left, 3 lunettes to
right, short wing projecting to right has planked stable door and
lunette. Lower range to left with planked doors and casements and
throughway to yard beyond. South side of barn is brick and
windowless, workshops to right have lunettes and oculus, Tudor-
arched doorway to passage, 2 gabled attic dormers.
Interiors have early C20 roofs, evidence of earlier phases of use
in truncated stacks and various blocked or inserted openings.
This range, together with other buildings in the stable yard, was
probably part of a C18 farm group - subsequently converted to
stabling and carriage houses for Stourhead House.
Listing NGR: ST7779834185
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings