This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8523 / 53°51'8"N
Longitude: -1.7676 / 1°46'3"W
OS Eastings: 415383
OS Northings: 439592
OS Grid: SE153395
Mapcode National: GBR JR3W.3S
Mapcode Global: WHC92.TFGK
Entry Name: Old Hall
Listing Date: 25 May 1966
Last Amended: 18 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199367
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337895
Location: Baildon, Bradford, BD17
Civil Parish: Baildon
Built-Up Area: Baildon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Baildon St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE1539NW BAILDON WESTGATE
10/43 Old Hall
25.5.66 (formerly listed as Old
Hall Westgate (2 dwellings)
House. Mid C17 with early C18 alterations dated 1715 and 1717 with
replacement crosswing dated 1908 in keeping. Coursed dressed stone,
stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 3-room plan with 3-gable frontage, wing
to right projecting. All are double-chamfered mullioned windows. First
2 cells have 3 windows of 3 lights to ground floor and 2 windows to
1st floor of 3 lights and 6 lights with hoodmould. Set between 1st
and 2nd cells is inserted doorway with architrave and keystone initialled
and dated " JB "
with entablature joining moulded band which carries over ground-floor
windows. Coped gables with rainwater spout set between valley and
finials to apex and valley. Tall lateral stack to left corner, one
other stack to rear range. Crosswing has Cl7-style fenestration, reused
sundial in apex of coped gable with kneelers and finials and lateral
stacks, one to each side. Rear has doorway with deep lintel initialled
and dated " JB "
composite jambs and stop-chamfered cyma-moulded surround. Hoodmould
over door with decorative stops. Set above is cross-window with
hoodmould perhaps indicating the original position of the stair. Rear
of 1st cell has cross-window with hoodmould with spiral stops and 3-light
window to 1st floor. Rainwater spouts set in valleys with lantern finials
which are decoratively carved. Gables, the central one having large stack
with moulded cornice.
Interior: little of interest except some oak-panelled doors with arched
Prominently sited in the town.
Listing NGR: SE1538339592
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings