History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Almshouse Approximately 30 Metres West of Church of Saint Michael

A Grade II Listed Building in Blewbury, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5696 / 51°34'10"N

Longitude: -1.2354 / 1°14'7"W

OS Eastings: 453091

OS Northings: 185909

OS Grid: SU530859

Mapcode National: GBR 919.DJ7

Mapcode Global: VHCYM.JTR4

Entry Name: Almshouse Approximately 30 Metres West of Church of Saint Michael

Listing Date: 16 February 1979

Last Amended: 5 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1199385

English Heritage Legacy ID: 249885

Location: Blewbury, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX11

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse

Civil Parish: Blewbury

Built-Up Area: Blewbury

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Blewbury

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Blewbury

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/08/2012


SU5385
16/24
16/02/79


BLEWBURY
CHURCH ROAD
(North-east side)
Almshouse approx. 30m W of
Church of Saint Michael

(Formerly listed as Almshouse approx. 30m SW of the parish Church, Church Street)


GV
II


Almshouse. Dated 1778 to inscription. Red brick with flared headers; old
plain-tile roof; brick end stack to left. Single storey and attic; 2-window
range. C20 double-leaf plank door to C20 porch at right of centre. 2-light wood
casements with segmental brick heads to right and to left of centre. Blocked
segmental-headed opening to left. Stone panel to eaves, at left of centre;
inscription reads "The gift of Mr. James Bacon Decd. in memory of his son
Middleton and his daughter Ann 1778, Mr. Bacon died in the year 1774"'. Gabled
dormers to left of centre and to right with 2-light casements. Interior not
inspected. C19 single-storey brick addition to left.


Listing NGR: SU5309185909

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.