This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8651 / 53°51'54"N
Longitude: -1.9092 / 1°54'32"W
OS Eastings: 406071
OS Northings: 440991
OS Grid: SE060409
Mapcode National: GBR HR3R.G6
Mapcode Global: WHB7W.N32S
Entry Name: Keighley Shared Church (Of St Andrew and Temple Street Methodist) *
Listing Date: 23 February 1955
Last Amended: 4 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199389
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338124
Location: Keighley, Bradford, BD21
Civil Parish: Keighley
Built-Up Area: Keighley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Keighley
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
KEIGHLEY CHURCH STREET
SE 04 SE (east side)
23.2.55 Keighley Shared Church
(of St Andrew and Temple
(formerly listed as
Keighley Parish Church)
Church. 1848. By R D Chantrell. Coursed dressed stone, graduated stone slate
roof. West tower, aisled nave, chancel with transepts, south porch, south vestry.
Perpendicular style. 4-stage tower with diagonal off-set buttresses; west door
with overlight under hoodmould with decorative finial and stops; 2nd stage has
4-light window with pointed arch under hoodmoulds with shields above; 3rd stage
has single-light window and clock. 4th stage has 2-light window, gargoyles;
crocketed finials to parapet. Nave: 6 bays defined by off-set buttresses.
Pointed-arch 3-light windows to aisles, flat 3-light 4-centred-arched windows to
clerestory, all with tracery and hoodmoulds. Strings. Ashlar copings. Chancel:
3 bays, narrower and lower. Diagonal buttresses. 5-light east window. Ashlar
coping, gable cross. Vestry in same style. Interior: octagonal arcade piers.
Font dated 1661.
Listing NGR: SE0607140991
Other nearby listed buildings