This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8273 / 53°49'38"N
Longitude: -1.9607 / 1°57'38"W
OS Eastings: 402681
OS Northings: 436777
OS Grid: SE026367
Mapcode National: GBR GSR5.9S
Mapcode Global: WHB81.V2H8
Entry Name: Sowdens
Listing Date: 23 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199538
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338148
Location: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury, Bradford, BD22
Civil Parish: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Haworth St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
KEIGHLEY DIMPLES LANE
SE 0236 and SE 0336 (east side, off)
Farmhouse, now cottage and outbuildings. C17. Stone, stone slate roof. One
storey; C20 windows. Rear elevation: 2 low storeys: stone mullion windows, some
blocked. Left return: gabled porch with coping has moulded Tudor-arched opening,
inner stone benches and inner-chamfered, Tudor-arched doorway with original
oak-peged oak door with wrought ironwork. Re-used datestone of 1699. From
1742-63 the home of William Grimshaw, incumbent of Haworth, who encouraged the
growth of Methodism in Haworth, being instrumental in building the Methodist
chapel in 1758, and held many meetings in the Kitchen at Sowdens.
Listing NGR: SE0268136777
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings