This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9601 / 53°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.8852 / 1°53'6"W
OS Eastings: 407628
OS Northings: 451559
OS Grid: SE076515
Mapcode National: GBR HQ8N.N5
Mapcode Global: WHC8G.0QKH
Entry Name: Stables, Piggery, Hen-House and Cartshed Attached to South End of Barn Dated 1783 200 Metres South West of Farfield Hall
Listing Date: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199547
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337771
Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Addingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE05SE ADDINGHAM C.P. BOLTON ROAD
(west side off)
2/41 Stables, piggery,
to south end of
barn dated 1783,
G V II
Stables, piggery, hen-house and cartshed. Probably with barn of 1783
(q.v.). Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. Stables and cartshed
form an L-shape with piggery and hen-house set in junction of the 2
ranges to rear. Single-storey. Stables have 2 sets of paired doorways
with common lintel and central monolithic jamb. 2 square windows with
plain stone surrounds. At right angles cartshed has 3 wide entries with
monolithic jambs and lintels with rebate for doors. Attached to west
end is 3-bay building with doorway with tie-stone jambs, quoined angles,
coped gable in which is set circular window with 4 keystones. Piggery
behind has small yard to front of each low building with small doorway.
Hen-house taken out of rear of stables has nesting boxes built into wall.
With barn dated 1783 (q.v.) forms 3 sides of an enclosed courtyard.
Listing NGR: SE0762851559
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings