This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7363 / 51°44'10"N
Longitude: -1.6597 / 1°39'34"W
OS Eastings: 423597
OS Northings: 204229
OS Grid: SP235042
Mapcode National: GBR 5TT.174
Mapcode Global: VHC05.5MYB
Entry Name: The Old Smithy
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 4 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199561
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253493
Location: Filkins and Broughton Poggs, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Filkins and Broughton Poggs
Built-Up Area: Filkins
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Broughton Poggs with Filkins
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP2204-2304 FILKINS AND BROUGHTON POGGS CHAPEL LANE
7/183 The Old Smithy
House. Probably early C18, refurbished early C20, with C19 and C20 extensions.
Coursed rubble limestone with dressed quoins, stone slate roofs and flanking
rubble stone chimneys. 2 storeys and attic, 2 original bays. Early C20 3-light
windows in C17-style C18 style, With recessed chamfered stone mullions and
leaded glazing. C20 gabled roof dormers with 2-light leaded casements in moulded
wooden frames. Central C20 door in chamfered stone surround with open pediment
hood of moulded stone on shaped stone scroll brackets. To right is a slightly
lower 2-storey extension with 2 bays of paired wooden casements, all with
dressed stone jambs and stone lintels. Further single-storey bay at right end.
C20 extension to rear of original block has stone mullion windows in matching
Listing NGR: SP2359704229
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings