This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7234 / 51°43'24"N
Longitude: -1.6427 / 1°38'33"W
OS Eastings: 424779
OS Northings: 202804
OS Grid: SP247028
Mapcode National: GBR 5TT.ZFM
Mapcode Global: VHC05.GYY6
Entry Name: Threeways
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 30 March 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199589
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253866
Location: Langford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Langford
Built-Up Area: Langford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Langford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LANGFORD MAIN STREET
SP2402-2502 (North side)
(Formerly listed as Short's
Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1655 with later additions and alterations. Uncoursed
limestone rubble with alternating angle quoins; stone slate roof to main range
and slates replacing thatch to raised roof of lower addition. 2 storeys and
attic. 3 bays. Two-light mullion windows to first floor and to prominent gabled
full dormers to left and right; 3-light mullion windows to ground floor, all
windows with dripstones. Central infilled entrance. Datestone "H/RK/1655" to
left gable and stone with carved lozenge-and diamond-shaped decoration window.
Integral end stacks with paired and rebated shafts rebuilt late C20. Addition to
right has 3-light mullion window to ground floor and 2-light mullion window
directly above, both with dripstones. Infilled doorway to far left at junction
with main range. Integral end stack rebuilt late C20. C20 addition to rear has
6-panel door with top panels glazed and oval-shaped discs applied to bottom,
presumably moved round from front. Interior. Not inspected at time of resurvey
(May 1987), but although said to have been considerably altered c.1960, likely
to be of interest.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: p681)
Listing NGR: SP2477902804
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings