This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8754 / 51°52'31"N
Longitude: -1.364 / 1°21'50"W
OS Eastings: 443880
OS Northings: 219839
OS Grid: SP438198
Mapcode National: GBR 7W3.9ZN
Mapcode Global: VHCX6.94R4
Entry Name: School Cottages
Listing Date: 29 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199696
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252961
Location: Wootton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Wootton
Built-Up Area: Wootton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Wootton, Glympton and Kiddington
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WOOTTON CHURCH STREET
SP4319 (West side)
15/306 Nos.1-3 School Cottages
Three houses. Datestones 1837 to right, and 1836. Coursed limestone rubble;
gabled stone slate roof; end stacks of stone finished in engineering brick.
Three 2-unit plans. Each house of 2-storey, 2-window range, with timber lintels
over central plank door and openings. Houses to right and left have C20 windows;
central house has three C19 two-light leaded casements with iron opening lights.
Interiors not inspected. Endowed by Reverend Charles Lee who also endowed
Parrotts School (q.v.) during his incumbency from 1825-56.
Listing NGR: SP4388019839
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings