This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.753 / 51°45'10"N
Longitude: -1.2459 / 1°14'45"W
OS Eastings: 452151
OS Northings: 206304
OS Grid: SP521063
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.3TH
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.C66H
Entry Name: Magdalen College, the New Buildings
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199727
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244986
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The New Buildings
SP 5206 SW 10/419P 12.1.54.
Built in 1733 on North of Great Quadrangle to designs of William Townesend
with the approval of James Gibbs and Francis Smith, in Headington stone,
the masons being Richard Piddington and William King. The wings on East
and West were faced in ashlar in 1824 by Thomas Harrison of Chester. Refaced
in 1925 in Box Ground ashlar with Clipsham, Elm Park and Portland stone.
Listing NGR: SP5216306301
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings