This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7351 / 51°44'6"N
Longitude: -1.6587 / 1°39'31"W
OS Eastings: 423668
OS Northings: 204096
OS Grid: SP236040
Mapcode National: GBR 5TT.1H7
Mapcode Global: VHC05.6NH7
Entry Name: Little Peacocks
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199743
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253511
Location: Filkins and Broughton Poggs, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Filkins and Broughton Poggs
Built-Up Area: Filkins
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Broughton Poggs with Filkins
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP2204-2304 FILKINS AND BROUGHTON POGGS VILLAGE STREET
7/205 Little Peacocks
House. Late C17-early C18, refronted later C18 and dated "Jonah Basset 1759" on
quoin; later C18 rear wing with re-used C17-early C18 windows; refurbished C20,
with another quoin dated FWM/WM 1936-53. Limestone, with squared and coursed
front, rubble gables, and rear wall of banded rubble and squared stone. Dressed
quoins. Stone slate roof with moulded stone gable copings and kneelers. Flanking
chimneys with C20 brick shaft on C18 moulded stone strings. 2 storeys, 3 bays.
Coved plaster eaves. Front has 3-pane sashes with moulded stone architrave
surrounds and sills. Central C20 barred and glazed door, also in moulded stone
architrave surround, with narrow pulvinated frieze and moulded pediment. C20
wooden casements in left gable end. Rear has moulded stone string at first floor
level, and 3 bays of chamfered stone mullion and transom cross windows with
Tudor hoodmoulds. Windows to centre and right are blocked, as is central doorway
with dressed stone surround. Later wing projects to right of centre, and has
re-used stone mullion windows with Tudor hoodmoulds in south-west wall. Gable
end of this wing has external stone steps to granary with ashlar lining.
Interior of main house said to have been much altered C20.
Listing NGR: SP2366804096
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings