This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8736 / 51°52'25"N
Longitude: -1.3631 / 1°21'47"W
OS Eastings: 443942
OS Northings: 219640
OS Grid: SP439196
Mapcode National: GBR 7W3.J62
Mapcode Global: VHCX6.B57J
Entry Name: The Old Gloving House
Listing Date: 27 August 1957
Last Amended: 29 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199777
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252972
Location: Wootton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Wootton
Built-Up Area: Wootton (West Oxfordshire)
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Wootton, Glympton and Kiddington
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WOOTTON MILL LANE
SP4319 (East side)
15/317 The Old Gloving House
27/08/57 (Formerly listed as The
House. Late C17; main tall block is late C18. Coursed limestone rubble; gabled
stone slate roof, half-hipped to right; stone end stacks. L-plan. Main block of
2-storey, 2-window range, has timber lintel over late C18 six-pane sash above
timber lintel over C19 six-panelled (4 glazed) door; right side wall has timber
lintels over late C18 and C19 six- and 8-pane sashes. Late C17 range of one
storey, and attic with rear outshut to left: has late C18 brick end stack, C18
three-light leaded casement in blocked opening on left, gabled half dormers and
Sun Alliance fire insurance plaque. Similar late C17 range to front right.
Interior: late C17 ranges have chamfered beams; room to left of main block has
stop-chamfered beam and joists. Partial inspection only.
Listing NGR: SP4394219640
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings