This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5957 / 51°35'44"N
Longitude: -1.3365 / 1°20'11"W
OS Eastings: 446058
OS Northings: 188745
OS Grid: SU460887
Mapcode National: GBR 7ZF.YRZ
Mapcode Global: VHCYK.S5B2
Entry Name: Village Stores and Adjoining House
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Last Amended: 25 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199805
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250114
Location: East Hendred, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX12
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: East Hendred
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
EAST HENDRED HIGH STREET
SU4688 (East side)
20/76 Village Stores and adjoining
(Formerly listed as The Stores
and the adjoining House)
House, now shop and dwelling. Early C16, with C19 alterations. Stone uncoursed
rubble plinth; close-studded timber-framing with herringbone brick infill; old
plain-tile roof; brick ridge stack to left of centre. Probably originally
double-ended hall house. 2-storey, 4-window range. Ribbed door to left of centre
with gabled hood on brackets. 4-panel door to right with overlight. C19 oriel
shop windows to right. 3-light casements with leaded lights to left, and to
right of centre. First floor of left and right end bays jettied. 3-light
casements with leaded lights to first floor right and to right of centre. Oriel
window to left with arch-topped lights and curved hipped old plain-tile roof.
Blocked windows to left of centre and to right. Cross-gables to left and right
having crown-post roof trusses with bracing. Decorated barge boards to
cross-gables. Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU4605888745
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings