This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.074 / 51°4'26"N
Longitude: -1.8618 / 1°51'42"W
OS Eastings: 409776
OS Northings: 130533
OS Grid: SU097305
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.Q3B
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.Y74
Entry Name: Casino
Listing Date: 4 August 1951
Last Amended: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199840
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319349
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 WILTON PARK
listed as Temple
to south of
SU 03 SE 1/1H 4.8.51.
Circa 1757-62. Architect Sir William Chambers. A very early work. Small
tetrastyle pedimented portico on wider balustraded and rusticated basement.
An eyecatcher on hill behind Washern Grange (qv). Ashlar built, brick lined.
Basement has central entrance with flanking niches. Upper part reached
by balustraded stairs on east side. Central architrave doorway to picnic
room - side windows have balustraded panels below.
Listing NGR: SU1055030729
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings