This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0782 / 51°4'41"N
Longitude: -1.8614 / 1°51'41"W
OS Eastings: 409803
OS Northings: 131000
OS Grid: SU098310
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.B67
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.JMN
Entry Name: Fountain to South of Orangery
Listing Date: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199957
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319361
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 WILTON PARK
Fountain to south
SU 0930 5/122
SU 0931 5/122
Circa 1822-25. Ashlar. Circular basin with lions' masks at cardinal points
and pierced decorative carving between. In centre is a lead statue probably
provided by Austin and Seeley 1842-51 of a grinning cymbal player on a plinth
with corner dolphins.
Steps between the terrace and the fountain are flanked by parapets with sphinx on
Listing NGR: SU0980331000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings