This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0782 / 51°4'41"N
Longitude: -1.8608 / 1°51'38"W
OS Eastings: 409847
OS Northings: 130992
OS Grid: SU098309
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.BCR
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.JWC
Entry Name: Walls Enclosing Italian Garden Together with Fountain
Listing Date: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199970
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319363
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 WILTON PARK
SU 0930 5/123
Circa 1825-50. Low dwarf wall on 3 sides with alternate lead statues and
vases on dies. West end apsed with central entrance. Steps in front of
loggia (qv) with scrolls to piers.
A considerable amount of statuary principally provided by the firm of Austen
& Seeley 1845-51. Accurate copies of C17 and C18 sculpture see particularly
the lead groups of putti (copied from those made by Nost in early C18). In the
centre of the garden is a fine Renaissance fountain of 3 stages in circular
Listing NGR: SU0984730992
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings