History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Low House

A Grade II Listed Building in Addingham, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9445 / 53°56'40"N

Longitude: -1.8788 / 1°52'43"W

OS Eastings: 408053

OS Northings: 449832

OS Grid: SE080498

Mapcode National: GBR HQBT.1R

Mapcode Global: WHC8N.33LW

Entry Name: Low House

Listing Date: 25 January 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1199996

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337827

Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Addingham

Built-Up Area: Addingham

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Addingham

Listing Text

SE04NE ADDINGHAM C.P. MAIN STREET
(north side off)

4/97 Low House

II

House. Initialled and dated " IG " altered late C18 with windows to
1675
south front renewed mid C20. Hammer-dressed stone, dressed quoins,
stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 3 bays. Symmetrical facade. Doorway
with monolithic jambs has semicircular arch with impost block, keystone
and Gothick glazed fanlight. Original window with raised plain stone
surrounds above. To either side 3-light flat-faced mullioned windows.
Coped gables with kneelers and stacks. Rear is L-shaped. Doorway
with monolithic jambs has date stone set over. To left, stairwindow
with semicircular arch with impost block, keystone retaining small-pane
glazing and Gothick glazed fanlight. To right of door, outshut breaks
forward under cat-slide roof with main range. One angle is quoined,
the other is buttressed with offsets. Left-hand return wall has 2-light
chamfered mullioned window (blocked) to 1st floor. Attached at right
angles is 2-storey bay with mono-pitch roof and 3-light double-chamfered
mullioned window.

Interior: Upper room has plaster overmantel initialled and dated " IGG "
1663
set in the centre of 3 panels, the outer with foliage, with simple
pilasters between. Stone staircase with risers treated as impost has
slender turned balusters.


Listing NGR: SE0805349832

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.