This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9141 / 51°54'50"N
Longitude: -1.6249 / 1°37'29"W
OS Eastings: 425898
OS Northings: 224016
OS Grid: SP258240
Mapcode National: GBR 5RJ.XPP
Mapcode Global: VHBZD.S5C0
Entry Name: Bentleys
Listing Date: 15 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200039
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254055
Location: Kingham, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Kingham
Built-Up Area: Kingham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Kingham and Daylesford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
KINGHAM WEST STREET
SP2424-2524 (South-east side)
House. Mid-to late C17 with minor later additions and alterations. Roughly
coursed and banded limestone and marlstone rubble; stone slate roof. 2 storeys
and attic. 2-window front; 3-light chamfered mullion windows with leaded lights
and dripstones except for segmental-headed C20 French casement to lower left.
C19 gabled dormers in roof slope to left and right. Integral end stacks rebuilt
in red brick above dripstones. Earlier roof pitch visible to gable ends. All
casements to back wall. Interior. Left ground-floor room has deep-chamfered
spine beam with stepped ogee stops and joists. Inglenook fireplace with
chamfered wood lintel has bread oven to right now lit by small paired lancet
window said to have been brought from Kingham Manor House, demolished in 1920's.
Plank door to left leads to oak winder staircase, which continues to attic.
Chamfered ceiling beams to first-floor rooms. Attic has double butt-purlin roof
in 3 bays with collar truss to left and vertical stud partition (plastered over
at time of resurvey (August 1987)) to right. Chamfered purlins.
Listing NGR: SP2589824016
Other nearby listed buildings