This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0638 / 52°3'49"N
Longitude: -1.3256 / 1°19'32"W
OS Eastings: 446332
OS Northings: 240820
OS Grid: SP463408
Mapcode National: GBR 7SV.FPW
Mapcode Global: VHCW7.ZD36
Entry Name: Lamprey and Son Limited Agricultural Merchants st Leonards Primary School
Listing Date: 2 June 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200124
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244426
Location: Banbury, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX16
Civil Parish: Banbury
Built-Up Area: Banbury
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Banbury St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BANBURY MIDDLETON ROAD
SP4640NW (East side)
8/126 Lamprey and Son Ltd.
02/06/76 Agricultural Merchants (St.
Leonards Primary School)
School, now offices. 1860-1 by G.E. Street. Coursed squared limestone. Steeply
pitched slate roof. Stone copings. Ornamental ridge tiles. Stone lateral stack.
Main front facing Middleton Road: long rectangular range with 2 projecting wings
to left, the other on the return of the right wing: pointed arched doorways with
chamfered soffits, plank doors with wrought iron hinges. The wings have tall
pointed arched 3-light windows with lancets, quatrefoils and cusped heads.
Elsewhere windows are square headed. Attached rear range dated 1902 not of
special architectural interest. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP4633240820
Other nearby listed buildings