This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0161 / 52°0'57"N
Longitude: -1.3099 / 1°18'35"W
OS Eastings: 447457
OS Northings: 235520
OS Grid: SP474355
Mapcode National: GBR 7TF.KNR
Mapcode Global: VHCWG.7LWB
Entry Name: Hill House and Attached Outbuilding Range
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Last Amended: 5 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200146
English Heritage Legacy ID: 243824
Location: Adderbury, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX17
Civil Parish: Adderbury
Built-Up Area: Adderbury
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Adderbury
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP4735 ADDERBURY OXFORD ROAD
7/101 Hill House and attached
08/12/55 outbuilding range.
(formerly listed as Hill
House. Probably early C18 altered early C19. Coursed squared marlstone with
ashlar dressings; concrete plain-tile roof with brick gable stacks. Probable
central-stair plan with rear wing. 2 storeys plus attic. Regular 5-window front
has a central panelled door, with overlight and matching panelled reveals, set
in an early-C19 pilastered ashlar surround; 12-pane sashes with ashlar flat
arches are probably also early C19 when the ground-floor windows were enlarged.
Steep-pitched roof has gable parapets with moulded projecting-kneelers, and has
2 hipped roof dormers. Rear wing returns from left. Outbuilding range, extending
forwards from the left side, has clay-tiled roof and a gable parapet.
Interiors not inspected. Rossholme (q.v.) to rear may have formed part of the
house. Formerly The White Lion Inn.
Listing NGR: SP4745735520
Other nearby listed buildings