This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0879 / 52°5'16"N
Longitude: -0.7223 / 0°43'20"W
OS Eastings: 487637
OS Northings: 244057
OS Grid: SP876440
Mapcode National: GBR CZR.45V
Mapcode Global: VHDSV.FSH8
Entry Name: Beaty Almshouses
Listing Date: 15 February 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200393
English Heritage Legacy ID: 350334
Location: Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Newport Pagnell
Built-Up Area: Newport Pagnell
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newport Pagnell
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The following building shall be added to the list;
NEWPORT PAGNELL UNION STREET
SP 84 SE
Almshouses. Dated 1830 and endowed by Miss Beaty. Gault brick
in Flemish bond, with stone dressings. Slate roof with moulded
stone coping to gable parapets. Large symmetrically placed
axial stacks with chamfered triple shafts and yellow clay
PLAN: Rectangular plan, the end bays slightly advanced and
with central entrance to four dwellings inside.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 1:2:1 bay south front; the
end bays gabled and slightly advanced, the gables with stone
kneelers. Central gabled brick porch with chamfered stone
4-centred arch and integral kneelers to the gable. Windows in
chamfered openings with stone lintels with hoodmoulds and
mainly renewed 2-light casements with arch headed lights.
Large stone tablet over porch inscribed -'Independant Chapel
Almshouses, erected and endowed by Miss Beaty in A.D.1830'.
East and west ends gabled. Rear similar to front but with some
blocked windows and doorways.
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP8763844055
Other nearby listed buildings