History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

House Approximately 40 Metres East of Box Tree Cottage (Not Included)

A Grade II Listed Building in Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7973 / 51°47'50"N

Longitude: -1.5485 / 1°32'54"W

OS Eastings: 431235

OS Northings: 211055

OS Grid: SP312110

Mapcode National: GBR 5T5.CBB

Mapcode Global: VHC01.33R1

Entry Name: House Approximately 40 Metres East of Box Tree Cottage (Not Included)

Listing Date: 7 July 1977

Last Amended: 21 August 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1200407

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253643

Location: Minster Lovell, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Minster Lovell

Built-Up Area: Minster Lovell

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Minster Lovell

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Minster Lovell

Listing Text

MINSTER LOVELL BURFORD ROAD
SP3111 (North side)
Chadterville
18/86 House approx. 40m E of Box
07/07/77 Tree Cottage (not included)
(Formerly listed as House
adjoining Yewhurst to the W
occupied by Mrs. K.A.M.
Buckingham)
GV II

Chartist bungalow. Circa 1847. Roughcast on stone rubble with render quoins to
corners; slate-hipped roof; stone rubble end stacks and centre stack to rear.
Single-storey, 3-bay range. Central bay projects forward. 4-panel part-glazed
door to centre with open trellis porch. Horned sashes to left and right of
centre. 4-pane horned sashes to left and right. Cross-gable to centre bay.
Interior not inspected. History: Charterville was the third of five estates
established by the National Land Company. Company formed by Feargus O'Connor in
1845 to enable people from factory towns to live on small holdings and qualify
for a vote. The Land Company ran into difficulties and was dissolved in July
1851.
(Working-Class Housing in Oxfordshire, by Crispin Paine, et.al. in "Oxoniensia"
vol 43, 1978, pp206-212; Charterville and the Chartist Land Company, by Kate
Tiller in "Oxoniensia" Vol 50, 1985, pp251-266)


Listing NGR: SP3123511055

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.