This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8748 / 53°52'29"N
Longitude: -1.9141 / 1°54'50"W
OS Eastings: 405747
OS Northings: 442071
OS Grid: SE057420
Mapcode National: GBR HR2M.DQ
Mapcode Global: WHB7P.KVRW
Entry Name: Turnpike Gateway in Part of Cliffe Castle Approximately 3 Metres to South West of House
Listing Date: 4 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200627
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338359
Location: Keighley, Bradford, BD20
Civil Parish: Keighley
Built-Up Area: Keighley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Keighley
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
KEIGHLEY SKIPTON ROAD
SE 04 SE (east side)
Turnpike gateway in
part of Cliffe Castle
approx 3 metres to
south-west of house.
Turnpike gateway. Late C18-early C19. Cast and wrought iron. Double-gate with
pedestrian gate on right. Gate-piers are necked columns with roll mouldings and
moulded, rounded finials. Gates have simple strap-hinges wrapped around piers
and their iron frames are infilled with latticed bars radiating from the outer
corners. Triangular gate-rests fixed to lower bars.
This gateway originally stood in South Street, Keighley (near the present
junction with Goulbourne Street) on the Halifax Road which was made in 1794.
Listing NGR: SE0574742071
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings