This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1895 / 54°11'22"N
Longitude: -3.1945 / 3°11'40"W
OS Eastings: 322151
OS Northings: 477745
OS Grid: SD221777
Mapcode National: GBR 6M4Z.5X
Mapcode Global: WH723.WYZL
Entry Name: Anvil House
Listing Date: 6 May 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201080
English Heritage Legacy ID: 388587
Location: Askam and Ireleth, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA16
Civil Parish: Askam and Ireleth
Built-Up Area: Askam in Furness
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
BARROW IN FURNESS
SD27NW SAVES LANE, Ireleth
708-1/1/219 (West side)
06/05/76 Anvil House
House. Early C19 with early C18 rear wing. Pebble-dashed
stone, graduated slate roof. 2 storeys, 3-bay front with lower
wing to rear left. Central part-glazed, 6-panel door in
basket-arched ashlar surround with cornice on shaped brackets.
Flanking sashes with glazing bars in raised surrounds with
projecting sills and wedge lintels. Matching 1st-floor windows
beneath ogee gutter on 4 blocks; end stacks. INTERIOR:
original early C19 staircase with turned newels and curved
pine handrail; panelled window shutters. Large scantling oak
beams to rear wing ceiling. A datestone inscribed 1707, now
over rear gate, is said to come from the house.
Listing NGR: SD2215177745
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings