History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Outbuildings to Rear of Former Local Board Offices

A Grade II Listed Building in Dalton Town with Newton, Cumbria

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1559 / 54°9'21"N

Longitude: -3.1799 / 3°10'47"W

OS Eastings: 323043

OS Northings: 473980

OS Grid: SD230739

Mapcode National: GBR 6N7D.C0

Mapcode Global: WH72B.4S0X

Entry Name: Outbuildings to Rear of Former Local Board Offices

Listing Date: 20 December 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1201085

English Heritage Legacy ID: 388604

Location: Dalton Town with Newton, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA15

County: Cumbria

District: Barrow-in-Furness

Civil Parish: Dalton Town with Newton

Built-Up Area: Dalton-in-Furness

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Dalton-in-Furness St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Dalton in Furness

Listing Text


BARROW IN FURNESS

SD2373 STATION ROAD, Dalton In Furness
708-1/11/210 (North East side)
Outbuildings to rear of former Local
Board Offices

GV II

Outbuilding, formerly stables and superintendant's house for
local fire station. 1884 (as Local Board Offices, qv),
altered. Limestone rubble, slate roofs. Small house of 2
storeys and 3 windows to 1st floor; stable-block, set forward
to left, 2 storeys, 3 bays. House: central door with overlight
and plain lintel flanked by 4-pane casements with projecting
stone sills and limestone lintels; 3 similar windows to 1st
floor; end stacks. Stable: doorway with overlight flanked by
windows as house; another doorway and small casement to left.
1st floor: rectangular hatch flanked by louvred pitching holes
in the form of keyed oculi; ashlar gable copings. Original
1-storey engine house in wing to left is much altered and not
of special interest. Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SD2304373980

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.