This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9925 / 51°59'33"N
Longitude: -2.1564 / 2°9'22"W
OS Eastings: 389359
OS Northings: 232685
OS Grid: SO893326
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.1MZ
Mapcode Global: VH93T.K5WW
Entry Name: 76, Barton Street
Listing Date: 25 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201198
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376652
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 BARTON STREET
859-1/6/66 (South side)
House in row, with shop. Early C19 front to earlier fabric.
Painted brick front to timber-frame with brick nogging, tile
roof, brick rear stack. A small property, covering Fletcher's
Alley to the left, and with long rear wing.
2 storeys, 2-windowed. 4-pane sashes (originally 12-pane) to
brick voussoirs, over C19 shop front in 2 large plate-glass
panes, with door set back to left, under a deep fascia with
moulded cornice, also covering the alley. High coped parapet.
No stack visible. Set back to the alley entrance is a C16
chamfered door surround to cambered head, beneath a very heavy
In the alley approx 3m from the front, is a very large
chamfered beam, and a further smaller one. In the wall to the
left, at the back, a post set on remains of a plate. The alley
wall to the right is in brickwork, and incorporates a
cast-iron vent, approx 400mm square, with a rich geometrical
grille. The wing is in square panel framing with brick, under
a felted roof. INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO8935932684
Other nearby listed buildings