History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

12, Church Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.992 / 51°59'31"N

Longitude: -2.1581 / 2°9'29"W

OS Eastings: 389242

OS Northings: 232623

OS Grid: SO892326

Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.170

Mapcode Global: VH93T.J6Z9

Entry Name: 12, Church Street

Listing Date: 4 March 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1201204

English Heritage Legacy ID: 376669

Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Tewkesbury

Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Tewkesbury

Listing Text


TEWKESBURY

SO8932 CHURCH STREET
859-1/6/89 (South side)
04/03/52 No.12

GV II

House in row. c1860s; rear wings of C17 or C18 origins.
Flemish bond brickwork, tile roof, brick stacks. The front
block is identical with No.11 (qv) adjoining, and must have
been built or rebuilt with it; at the back, however, are lower
wings partly of C17 or C18.
3 storeys and basement, 2-windowed. Plate-glass sashes under
brick voussoirs with central fluted key with cornice, stone
cills. At ground floor the sashes are in moulded architraves
to segmental heads, and to continuous cill band; a further
band at door-head height. To the left a panelled door under
plain fanlight and in V-joint band carried round arch. Grille
to basement. A C20 shop fascia conceals a plain band above the
first floor, and the building shares a full-height V-joint
pilaster band to the left. Door gives to a throughway. The
back of the main block has a wide rendered gable, with 12-pane
sashes at first and second floors. Attached to this a lower
painted brick wing with twin narrow hipped tile roofs, and
beyond this a further long, low half-hipped brick building.
INTERIORS not inspected.


Listing NGR: SO8924232623

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.