This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9919 / 51°59'30"N
Longitude: -2.1598 / 2°9'35"W
OS Eastings: 389120
OS Northings: 232619
OS Grid: SO891326
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.0RH
Mapcode Global: VH93T.J61B
Entry Name: Gazebo to North of Number 77
Listing Date: 27 July 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376714
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 CHURCH STREET
859-1/6/135 (North side)
27/07/73 Gazebo to north of No.77
Gazebo. Early C18, restored C20. English bond brickwork, tile
roof. Small square building with shaped gable to N side,
raised on platform at river end of plot to No.77 (qv). To S a
4-pane replacement sash to worn stone cill and under brick
soldier arch, to W a C20 6-panel door under replacement stone
pediment on brackets and moulded stone eaves course. River
front has moulded stone cornice beneath shaped coped gable
with finial. INTERIOR has nothing of historical interest.
The building was fully and carefully restored in late C20. A
notable feature of Tewkesbury in the C18 was the series of
gazebos standing in town gardens which backed onto the Severn
- there is another example in Post Office Lane (qv).
Listing NGR: SO8912032618
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings